Christmas Recipes: Turkey and Mango Curry
By Paul Curran
Christmas recipe serves: 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Calories per serving: 640
Not suitable for freezing.
Christmas Recipe Ingredients:
- Onion, 175 g (6 oz)
- Green pepper, 125 g (4 oz)
- Garlic clove, 1
- Turkey, cooked 225 g (8 oz)
- Mango, 1 fresh or mango pieces 400 g (14 oz)
- Oil, 30 ml (2 tbsp)
- Lemon grass, chopped 15 ml (1 tbsp)
- Green Thai Curry Paste or Mild Indian curry paste, 20 ml (4 tsp)
- Coconut milk, 450 ml (15 fl oz)
- Salt and pepper
- Double cream, 30 ml (2 tbsp)
- Coriander (optional), chopped fresh 45 ml (3 tbsp)
Christmas Recipe Instructions:
- Make strips of turkey, chopped and deseeded pepper, peeled and
crushed garlic, peeled and chopped onion.
- Make chunks of mango flesh having peeled and removed the stone. If
using tinned, remove the liquid.
- Combine lemon grass, green pepper, onion, garlic and add to heated
oil. Stir whilst cooking for about 5 minutes. Put in curry paste and
continue for a couple more minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and heat to boiling point, simmering for
about five minutes. Throw in the mango and cooked turkey, add salt
and pepper to taste and boil for about two minutes.
- Prior to serving, add double cream and garnish with fresh
General Heating & Serving Food Tips:
- Don't keep food hot for more than an hour before serving
- Cover food that could dry out, with cling film or a clean cloth
- Keep roast potatoes uncovered so they remain crisp and dry
- Remember that it is harder to keep vegetables such as spinach and
cabbage warm compared to root vegetables.