Mother's Day Craft
Ideas - How To Make a Placemat
One of the hardest gifts to buy is one for a special Mom on
Mother's Day. She already has jewelry, outfits, shoes taking over the
closet and if she gets another kitchen appliance for Mother's Day she
A gift that Mom is sure to cherish is one made from the heart.
Mother's Day Craft Ideas are ones made with thought, love, devotion,
and even if the gift is flawed, as long as her child made it, she'll
A special Mother's Day Craft Idea is to make her a placemat.
If you decide to cook breakfast for your Mom on Mother's Day then
you could give the placemat to her with her meal.
- Construction Paper
Coloring Page Pictures Crayons
- Cut two pieces of wax paper the desired size of the placemat.
- Take one of those pieces of wax paper and place
waxy side of paper
- On construction paper, draw pictures of what your Mom likes. For
example, you could draw a picture of a dog if she enjoys dogs, or a
picture of a book if she enjoys reading. Be sure that the drawings are
small enough to cut out and arrange in the placemat.
- Color a special picture for Mom and make that the focal point of
- Arrange your drawings and coloring pages, on the wax paper how you
would like. Remember that the waxy side of paper should be up.
Somewhere on the coloring page write the child's name and date the
gift is made. This is sure to be a bonus for Mom in later years.
- Now, take your second piece of wax paper and place it on top of the
arranged items. Note that there should be about 1 inch edges all the
way around the placemat and waxy side should be face down.
- Now this step is for adults. Make sure the edges of the wax paper
are touching each other. Then iron.
Your placemat is finished and she is sure to love it!
Watch her smiling face when her kids give her this wonderful,
unique gift. She is sure to cherish this one!
Brandi Clark is the owner of Crafty Corner, a free arts
and crafts newsletter full of crafting tips, craft ideas and
special offers. Sign up at today at Mother's
Day Craft Ideas.