by Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall Oakes
Project: Glowing Goblins
This project is perfect for the artistically challenged or those who
prefer instant gratification. My young sons completed theirs in just 15
Glass Votive (any size or shape) Solid Black Halloween Stickers (bats,
witches, ghosts, etc.) -OR- Stencils, Stamps, and Black Acrylic Paint
Orange Tissue Paper, Torn Into Pieces 2 TBSP White Glue 2 TBSP Water Craft
1. Adhere stickers onto the outside of the votive -OR- If using stencils
or stamps, paint heavily enough that no light shines through the shapes.
Let dry completely.
2. Mix glue and water. Paint glue onto the outside of glass, on top of the
3. While the glue is wet, layer pieces of tissue paper and glue until the
entire votive is covered and the tissue is saturated.
4. Turn the votive upside down to dry (a hairdryer speeds up the process).
5. Once dry, add a tea light and let the glow from these festive candles
welcome the neighborhood spooks.
About the Author
Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall
Oakes are the co-authors of the award-winning book Together: Creating
Family Traditions. To check out their website that's jam packed with
family ideas, visit http://www.togetherparenting.com
To subscribe to their online newsletter, go to http://www.togetherparenting.com/feedback.asp
to Halloween RECIPEs
to Halloween Index