Christmas Cards into Christmas Art
by Kelly D.
Usually with the onset of Christmas come the Christmas cards, sometimes more then one knows what to do with. So if you find you have lots of extra cards, even from last year, and wall space that needs a bit of the Christmas spirit, try this quick and easy craft.
what you need:
- black construction paper (bristle board works to, basically any stiff black paper will work)
- glue (plain white school glue or a glue stick, although if you want to touch up the cards with a bit of glitter, the liquid glue would be better)
- optional-glitter, brush (small, for applying
thin lines of glue)
what to do:
- Cut the card backs from the cards (make sure they aren't ones you want to keep as mementos) so that you have the front panels to work with.
- Cut the black paper into even strips about an inch wide.
- Glue the strips to the card, overlaying the picture a bit as to frame it. When you're done, it should look like a framed Christmas picture.
- To dress it up even more, you can dab glue here and there on snow or decorations that are in the picture and then sprinkle glitter on the glue (turn it over and tap the back
over a sheet of paper to remove the excess glitter.)
About the Author-
Kelly D. is a staff writer and site editor for HolidaysDot.com.